Raw, dairy free, healthy truffle treats!
These are D>E>L>I>C>I>O>U>S and healthy, BOOM! (eaten in moderation of course ;o)
I had such fun experimenting with different flavours and rolling them in an array of ingredients. They are super fast to make …..and will be eaten super fast no doubt! My 16 month old son, Raphael, loves them and they are such a good choice as a treat for kids. If you feel you want to ‘treat’ them up, you can add chocolate, as I did with one batch (preferably a high cocoa dark chocolate).
I have adapted my recipe from ‘averie cooks‘ and turned it into a LornaLove version. I will give you the ‘base’ ingredients and then the four variation of flavours I made. My favourite were the lemon and coconut ones!
I’d love, LOVE to hear how you go with this recipe, what you think and any variations you may come up with. xx
The recipe makes 8 balls, so double, triple, for how ever many you would like ;o)
- ½ cup almond meal/flour
- ½ cup LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds : available from health stores and good supermarkets)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (100% pure). If you are a raw purist, use agave syrup.
- Place all the base ingredients in a bowl.
- Add your variation ingredients. See below for the variations : lemon & coconut : raisin & cinnamon & walnut : peppermint : dark chocolate.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll tablespoon amounts into balls with your hands.
- Roll in different ingredients, if desired (cocoa, shredded coconut, lemon peel, sesame seeds, cinnamon, chocolate shavings….)
Lemon and coconut :
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Cinnamon, raisin and walnut :
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts
Peppermint and cocoa :
- ½ tsp natural peppermint extract
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
Dark chocolate :
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- ½ cup roughly chopped dark chocolate ( I used 4 rows of Whittakers 72% cocoa dark chocolate).